Come and #eatlikeitmatters this coming weekendThe Conscious Festival by Green Is The New Black - Hong Kong
Saturday 21 April
Sunday 22 April
11am - 5pm
We are at Booth 36 and offering special signature MANA! Flats
*MANA! Green - Grilled tofu, spinach, rocket & tahini
*MANA! Black - Black olives, crispy tempeh, portobello mushrooms, kale garlicnaise
— at PMQ 元創方.
Come see us at IRIS so you can #eatlikeitmatters at Booth 52. We are offering our infamous MANA! Signature Flats, introducing MANA!Sana and our #VCOFFEE with Oatly so you can #drinklikeitmatters
As more and more people wake up to the urgent need for organic plant based food to sustain both themselves and the world, we will be sharing our principles to help you eat and drink the way you should to care for Mother Earth.
- FREE WATER FOR ALL🚰 - Water is our birthright & should not be sold.
- ZERO FOOD WASTE 🚯 - All organic matter is compostable & should be returned to the soil.
- PLANT-BASED DIET 🌱- By shifting to a plant-based lifestyle real change begins immediately.
- CONSCIOUS CONSUMPTION ♻ - Vote for change. Choose organic, fair-trade, ethical & eco-friendly options.
- SMALL ECO FOOTPRINT 👣- Individuals & businesses should endeavour to live with the smallest eco footprint.
- EAT LIKE IT MATTERS 🍴 - Not just for our own health & well being but for the earth.
Be sure to visit MANA! at IRIS to learn more about their healthy and sustainable concept of “fast slow food” and how they can contribute to a better world!
#IRISYourEscape #MANAFASTSLOWFOOD #30daysofIRIS
ABLE Charity, a Lamma based grassroots organization was set up to make an ecological difference on this small island. At first the idea was to just plant trees to combat the extensive deforestation on the island as well as be part of the greening of Hong Kong.
And so on Earth Day, April 22nd 1997, we set up to plant 2,000 trees on the bare & exposed Northern Hills of Lamma Island. It was during this massive undertaking that Bobsy had an insight, what would happen if we came back the following year (1998) and planted more trees next to these trees? And perhaps the year after that too? Would we then have a forest!? The idea seemed far fetched & unattainable. Had anyone deliberately planted a forest from scratch before?
A vision was formed and this vision began to take shape year after year with constant tree planting… And low & behold many years later a lush green & thriving forest we have today! Welcome to the Lamma Forest.